Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sam Sifton ranks #1 restaurant in NY

If I were to have a last meal, this is where I would eat.  Sam Sifton, for his final review as the NY Times food critic gave Per Se the title of the #1 restaurant in New York.  I desperately want to eat here, the dining experience is tantamount to euphoria, but the almost $1,000 price tag for two drags me back to reality (thud, tears).  Maybe instead of a honeymoon, the Urban Chef and I will dine here.

Per Se Dining Review, by Sam Sifton

Bravo Sam Sifton!  I have enjoyed your work.  Your linguistic ability and nuanced view of the New York dining scene was a breath of fresh air.  I love your ability to see worth in spaces to dine outside of the confines of midtown Manhattan and of big name celebrity chef's.  I enjoyed the wide variety of places you reviewed, you spoke to many levels of diners, those for business, pleasure, high brow, low brow, and let's face it, way too damn trendy, and gave us all reviews to ponder and that dared us to stretch our culinary comfort zone.  

PS- Thank you for not making the #1 restaurant in New York M Wells-- we just can't give in to the faux hipster revolution.

PPS- I don't hate on you for liking KFC-- personally I prefer Popeye's, but let's face it, sometimes we all need a little comfort food. 

PPS- When the Urban Chef opens a restaurant, you best whip out your reviewing pad-- do I hear a comeback?







No comments:

Post a Comment